A comprehensive and intimate guide to finding, keeping, and enjoying love after fifty, the best kind of love there is.
Studies keep showing that love after fifty is more satisfying than at any other stage in life, and it makes sense: at this stage, you are more emotionally stable and more focused on the present; you know what you absolutely have to have, but also what you can live without; partnering is no longer about building family and fortune - it's about sharing intimacy as grounded individuals. And sex isn't the pass/fail anymore, but about becoming erotic friends.
So if this is the promised land, how do you get there?
In Love After 50, journalist Francine Russo interviewed the best experts in the field and dozens of couples to help show the way. Her practical advice includes:
- How to recover from the emotional damage of divorce, the grief of widowhood, or a history of unfulfilling relationships
- How to build realistic requirements for a partner
- What attitudes to bring to dating
- How to overcome the physical challenges of sex and embrace your erotic selves
- How to evaluate the financial, emotional, and practical results of marrying, living together, or living apart
- How to deal with (hostile) adult kids to safeguard your relationship and family
Love After 50 is not only practical, it is unassuming and candid. It is full of stories of real people (including the author's own), with vivid examples of couples who have overcome their pasts to form healthy and nurturing partnerships. In other words, it's as real as love after fifty can be.
Author: Francine Russo, Pages: 272, and Book Binding: Hardcover